Technical University of Denmark, Department of Environmental Engineering (DTU Environment) is looking for a skilled and experienced R&D Engineer who will work with scientists, students, and technical staff at the department to determine radioactive substances in wastes, environmental and biological samples.
Deadline for application: 30 March 2020
The job will be carried out in the Section of Radioecology and Tracer Studies, with the following primary areas of responsibilities:
- Maintenance of radioactivity measurement instruments and development of methods relevant for environmental engineering in the field of radioactivity.
- Determination of radioactive isotopes by radiometric techniques and ICP techniques
- Date processing and programming using various dedicated software
- Participate in research projects within environmental tracer studies and nuclear decommissioning
- Training, technical support and quality control for routine and commercial analyses
Our expectations of you
- PhD or Master degree with professional background in nuclear physics and/or radiochemistry
- Experience with radiometric techniques (including alpha, beta, gamma, and LSC)
- Skills in sample handling and radiochemical analysis
- Demonstrated experience with ICP techniques (ICP-MS and ICP-OES)
- Demonstrated and profound experience with nuclear instrument software, programming, and practical electronics instrumentation (GENINE 2000, Matlab, LabVIEW, etc.)
- Motivated and able to fulfil tasks independently while maintaining a strong team spirt
- Proactivity in self-learning in order to develop new skills