The Institute of Environmental Radioactivity (IER), Fukushima University, invites applications for fixed-term, full-time project associate professor.
Successful applicants will be required to:
- possess extensive international research experience,
- be capable of supervising research,
- assume roles and responsibilities for a variety of activities associated with the IER while pursuing his/her own leading-edge research,
- demonstrate a passion for the field of education, as Fukushima University established a major in environmental radioactivity science (master’s degree program) in the Graduate School of Symbiotic Systems Science and Technology in April, 2019
Research Field: Mesurement and Analysis
Development of devices and techniques for mesuring and analyzing radiation and radioactive nuclides, development of analysis techniques for analyzing the dynamics of radioactive nuclides at the micro to macro level.
Based on the above, we invite applicants who are not just capable of conducting world’s leading research but also capable of contributing to the local community. In addition, the position is responsible for educating all-levels of students, not just graduate students in the Environmental Radioactivity Science major, and will be involved in various projects/programs of Fukushima University.
(1) Applicants must possess a doctoral degree
(2) Applicants must be willing to move to Fukushima City or its suburbs.
(3) Applicants must possess adequate research experience in research institutions, etc.
(4) Applicants must be capable of teaching graduate course subjects including Radiation Measurement Engineering, omnibus lecture series (Environmental Radioactivity II, Practicum in Radioactivity Measurement, Practicum/Advanced Practicum in Environmental Radioactivity Science, Radiochemical Analysis), and Master’s Thesis Study, etc. at the Graduate School.
Starting Date of Employment: April 1, 2020
The fixed-term contract shall be renewed by one year and extended up to 3 years in principle, dependent on his/her research plan and the result of the annual evaluation.
Deadline for Applications: No later than Friday, November 29, 2019 (Japan time)
Further Information and Required Documents for Application on IER website:
Institute of Environmental Radioactivity (IER)