The Institute of Environmental Radioactivity is inviting applications for the positions of full-time professors, associate professors, and assistant professors.
The IER was established on July 1st, 2013, as an open hub for advanced research on the movement of environmental radioactivity in Fukushima Prefecture. IER is run under joint administration by Fukushima University and other partner universities/research institutions from around the world which possess experience and expertise in this field.
IER aims to serve as a focal point of intellect and knowledge from scientists in elucidating the distribution and behavior of radioactivity in the environment.
- supports the revitalization of Fukushima Prefecture from an academic perspective by scientifically clarifying the movement and long-term effects of radioactivity to the environment being caused by the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant Accidents.
- functions as a base for research located in Fukushima, and is actively accepting and supporting international scientists wishing to conduct research in Fukushima for temporary periods spanning from several months to several years while promoting joint advanced research.
Deadline for Applications: Friday, January 9th, 2015
(1) Applicants must possess a doctoral degree
(2) Applicants must be willing to move to Fukushima City or somewhere in its surrounding regions
(3) Applicants may be of any nationality but must possess fluency in English and be capable of giving lectures in English
Please visit the IER website for detailed information: