Job title: Head of Low-level Radioactivity Measurements Group (m/f)
Ref: External publication - vacancy NN 2012-024
Job description: The Low-level Radioactivity Measurements Expert Group is responsible for monitoring the environment, and any staff who could come into contact with radioactive materials in nuclear facilities. Any possible radioactive contamination is routinely monitored. In addition, non-routine measurements are also carried out for R&D purposes. The group, which consists of about 20 staff members, has several laboratories at its disposal to provide services for both internal and external clients.
As Head of the Low-level Radioactivity Measurements Group, you will be responsible for the organisational, scientific and administrative management, and more specifically for:
• the development of a vision regarding the future of the expert group and its structure, in consultation with management and staff;
• the organisation of the services provided by the laboratories in accordance with (international) quality requirements, with a view to implementing improvements, and expanding and renovating where necessary;
• support of the scientific and technical staff of the group;
• stimulation of developments and research with a view to ensure the long-term provision of services through, for example, participation in international projects, anticipating and responding to the needs of other groups within the SCK•CEN, etc.;
• provision of expertise to internal and external clients and the authorities in the context of the research areas;
• ensuring the administrative and financial monitoring of the group;
• the promotion of internal collaboration with other expert groups and units, for example, in the field of internal dosimetry, emergency planning and other projects in which measurements are an important component.
• Degree of Doctor or Master of (Bio) Engineering Sciences or Doctor of Sciences with preferably a specialisation in chemistry, biology, biochemistry or physics;
• several years of relevant professional experience;
• experience with the analysis of radioactivity (separation techniques, measurement techniques);
• management experience (project organisation and heading a group);
• experience with working to quality assurance standards is a bonus;
• overall interest in all activities of the SCK•CEN;
• good leadership, organisational and communication skills;
• good knowledge of Dutch, French and English.
Send your application letter and detailed curriculum vitae with reference NN 2012-024 to:
Human Resources Management
Boeretang 200 - 2400 MOL