The first symposium focussing on radiation protection problems in the NORM industry in Europe (EU NORM I) is organised in Tallinn form June 5 to June 8, 2012.
- The major topics of the symposium
- Regulation: the current and future EU BSS Directive and the new international standards
- Building materials and other consumer products
- General occupational health and safety (OHS): a baseline level of protection of workers
- Dose assessment: modelling versus measurements
- Behaviour of natural radionuclides in the environment
- Measurement techniques: limitations and advantages
- Disposal versus reuse/recycling
- Legacy sites with NORM contamination
- NORM aspects of rare earth processing
Sessions are scheduled from June 5 to June 7.
On June 8 a technical visit and a workshop are scheduled.
- Website of the Symposium: www.eunorm1.ee
- Key dates
Abstract submission deadline: November 15, 2011
Full paper submission deadline: March 15, 2012