IAEA, International Atomic Energy Agency, will hold the "International Conference on Computer Security in the Nuclear World: Security for Safety" to be held at the IAEA’s Headquarters in Vienna, Austria, from 19 June to 23 June 2023.
Purpose and Objectives
The Conference will provide a global forum for competent authorities, operators, system and security integrators and vendors, and other relevant entities engaged in computer security activities related to nuclear security or safety to exchange information and foster international cooperation in computer security as an integral element of nuclear security and safety through:
• Presentations and discussion on nuclear security and safety efforts to date within the area of computer security (including achievements, experience gained, and lessons learned).
• Review of emerging trends in computer security and areas that need to be addressed.
• Consideration of possible objectives and priorities for nuclear security or safety efforts in computer security, and of how current approaches may evolve to address these and meet future challenges.
• Consideration of how the IAEA and other international organizations can contribute to international cooperation in this important area.
Themes and Topics
Main themes of the conference will be the following:
• State-level strategy and regulatory approaches for computer security in a nuclear security regime
• Computer Security Programme Implementation
• Computer Security in Supply Chain Management
• Practical implementation of Computer Security Assurance Activities
• Sustainability of Computer Security
• Human resources contribution to computer security
• International cooperation in computer security for a nuclear security regime
• Computer security of emerging digital technologies for nuclear activities