5th International Conference on Radioecology & Environmental Radioactivity
The 5th edition of this conference series organized by Norwegian Radiation and Nuclear Safety Authority (DSA, formerly NRPA) and Institut de Radioprotection et de Sûreté Nucléaire (IRSN) in cooperation with the International Union of Radioecology (IUR) and other organizations to be confirmed.
The aim of the conference is to review and discuss recent achievements in radioecology, environmental radioactivity and related disciplines, as well as to promote continued development in these subjects in order to improve the radiological protection of humans and the environment.
The International Conference on Radioecology and Environmental Radioactivity 2020 will cover the acquisition of basic scientific knowledge in research dedicated to human and biota exposure situations for a wide range of radioactive sources (anthropogenic and naturally occurring radionuclides), as well as identifying new societal needs along with technical requirements for regulators and industry.
The following themes will be covered:
- Radionuclides speciation & ecological transfer
- Multistressor and radiobiological effects
- Risk characterization & assessment, including consideration of combined impacts of radiological stressors
- Radioecology and the management of nuclear & other legacies
- Radioecology considerations in decommissioning, radioactive waste management & disposal, including lessons learned from site-characterization
- Environmental protection, surveillance and risk management, including holistic protection of ecosystems and humans in their environment
- Radioecological sensitivity in extreme or vulnerable environments and implications for risk assessment and management
- Emergency preparedness, rehabilitation, & management, including lessons learnt from the Fukushima Daiichi accident
- NORM, including technologically enhanced NORM from industry and radon
- Regulatory and societal aspects of environmental radiation protection, including addressing uncertainties in decision-making, dissemination of information, communication of risks and uncertainties and stakeholders engagement
Conference website: https://www.icrer.org/
Visit the conference website for submission, registration and further information.