In accordance with the program "Overcoming consequences of radiation accidents for the period till 2015" the RF Ministry of Civil Defence, Emergencies and Elimination of Consequences of Natural Disasters has initiated an International Conference "Chernobyl: lessons learned from international cooperation on mitigation of the consequences of the accident".
In the year of the 25th anniversary of the accident at the Chernobyl NPP the objective is to gather researchers from different countries, who during this time took an active part in mitigating the consequences of this disaster.
The aim of the conference is to discuss the results from international projects on different aspects of mitigating consequences of the Chernobyl NPP accident, as well as prospects of mutual studies into enhancing environmental safety of the radiation facilities.
Conference venue: Russian Institute of Agricultural Radiology and Agroecology, Kievskoe st., 109 km, Kaluga region, Obninsk, Russia.
Organization of the conference : 23 November 2011: arrival, accommodation, registration of the participants; 24-25 November 2011: plenary and session meetings.
Participation: Complete the Registration Form (included in the information letter below) to take part in the conference and to reserve an hotel.
Committees: Organizing committee: Rudolf Alexakhin, Chair - Program committee: Natalia Sanzharova, Chair
The following issues are scheduled to be discussed at the conference
1. Major results of the International projects on mitigation of consequences of the Chernobyl accident.
2. Development of international and national approaches to radiation protection of the population.
3. Improvement of the emergency response systems: decision making on resettlement, safety criteria, organization of systems for radiation control and monitoring, area zoning.
4. Environmental impacts of the Chernobyl accident: site-specific contamination, radiation effects on biota, radionuclide migration, modeling of radioecological processes.
5. Dose estimation to the population on radiation affected territories: evolution of methods and approaches.
6. Medical impacts of the Chernobyl accident.
7. Remediation of the affected regions: remediation strategies in different periods after the accident. Radiological, economic and social aspects of remediation of the affected areas.
8. Work with the population. Information technologies and their role in ensuring radiation safety of the public.
Round-table meeting: Emergency egress problem: is the Chernobyl accident over?
See instructions for abstracts preparation in the information letter below.
electronic form sent at: email@example.com
Deadline for abstract submission: 1 November 2011
Sanzharova Natalia Ivanovna, for abstract submission
tel.: +7(48439)67205; tel./fax: +7(48439)68066;
Kozmina Dina Nikolaevna
tel.: +7(48439)96991; tel./fax: +7(48439)68066;
Sharpan Lyudmila, for information on hotel reservation
tel.: +7(48439)96967; tel./fax: +7(48439)68066;