On behalf of the Russian and Ukrainian Societies for Radiation Biology we wish to cordially invite you to attend this International conference in Ukraine. The conference will take place in Slavutich town (40 km from city of Chernigiv, 50 km from Chernobyl Nuclear Power Station (ChNPS) . It will provide a unique opportunity to present your findings related to 25 years studies over radiobiological and radioecological consequences of Chernobyl disaster and to discuss that with colleagues from around the world. Now, a quarter of a century later, the time has come to evaluate radiological, biochemical, molecular mechanisms of low dose chronic radiation effects on human and biota. But also, to make conclusion about biogeochemical transformations of radionuclides in ecosystems. The aim of the conference is to provide theoretical findings which are background to improve nuclear and radiation safety of nuclear accidents around the world.
Topics of the Conference
1. Radiobiological consequences of chronic irradiation for humans and biota.
Cell, organism and population effects.
2. Perception and signal transduction of low dose chronic irradiation.
3. Biological effectiveness of internal absorbed dose and external irradiation.
4. Radioprotective and radiomodification effects which are helpful under chronic irradiation.
5. Comparative effectiveness of procedures to protect health of population suffered from Chernobyl catastrophe.
6. Regularities of radionuclides biogeochemical transformation and migration in ecosystems.
7. Radioecological technologies intended to decrease dose loading over inhabitants of radionuclide contaminated areas.
The working languages of the Conference are Ukrainian, Russian and English.
During the conference, participants and accompanying persons will have the opportunity to participate in several social events and sightseeing tours. Both Slavutich and Kiev will surprise you with their beauty. The trip to ChNPS will be also included.
A registration form and detailed information about the scientific and social programs, and hotel accommodation will be included in the 2-nd announcement which will be mailed in March, 2011. Please complete and return the attached reply-card to receive the 2-nd announcement.
Prof. Elena Burlakova
Prof. Dmitro Grodzinsky
Please, send your filled in Reply-card till 1 March, 2011
to Prof. Alex Dmitriev email@example.com
Please, send your abstract to Prof Alex Dmitriev firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for abstract submission is 15 March, 2011.
Web site of Ukrainian Society for Radiation Biology http://www.rbo.ho.ua